The Greyfriars Vision and Mission
We are called to live, to share and to rejoice in ‘life – life in all its fullness.’ (John 10:10) So we would like to see:
An inclusive society, where no-one is turned away or rejected
A society that encourages empowering love, where people:
- are enabled to lead fulfilling lives
- can feel good about themselves and give something back
- and can discover their spiritual identity as a child of God
Our Mission Statement
In this time and this place we believe we are called to nourish our community by providing opportunities:
- to worship together in a creative, inspiring way
- to belong
- to serve
- to celebrate mystery and creativity and to lift spirits
We are called to build a joyous community in which people:
- celebrate life and appreciate good things
- can recover a sense of wonder and a sense of the sacred
- rejoice in the present and learn to give thanks.
We are called to a sense of connectedness to the world, where people are able:
- to feel a common humanity across boundaries
- to share their experience of what it is to be human
- to live responsibly in the light of the challenges we face with respect to the environment, peace and justice.
We are called to create a listening and empathetic community that accepts people in the place they are, unconditionally, and really ‘hears’ them.
We are called to build a community of approachability and warmth of character.
We want to build on what the past has given us and create a Kirk community that inspires, where preaching is relevant to today and key issues and values are explored.